La rue Saint
LOFT TWO BEDROOM is situated Saint Martin street 75003 PARIS. The
street Saint Martin with the street Saint Jacques is the oldest street of Paris.
It was a Roman way
which carried out towards North. It holds its name since the 11th Century of
the priory of Martin Saint of the Fields which it met.
The street Saint Martin
is one of old the street of the districts the Marsh and this finds very close
to the very famous district of the street Montorgueil recently to visit bythe Queen of England, very
appreciated for its trade and its popular character.
(A) “Le Marais”, literally "the swamp",
was originally exactly that. It wasn't until the 13th century that convents came
to the area and it began to develop life and culture. Today, a trip around the Marais shows
the numerous restorations it has seen. The neighborhood contains some of the
oldest buildings in Paris,
and their architectural treasures make the Marais a charming and unforgettable
place to visit.
Marais n'est à l'origine qu'un vaste marécage et ce n'est qu'à partir du XIIIè
que l'on voit s'y installer des couvents et débuter la culture. Le Marais a de nos jours fait l'objet de nombreuses restaurations mettant
en valeur tous ces trésors d'architecture et lui redonnant tout son charme
faisant de ce quartier un lieu de visites inoubliable.
The Place Royal (now “La Pace des
Vosges”), built by Henry IV, was finished in 1612 and “Le Marais” became a very stylish neighbourhood,
home of many grand French mansions and "salons", a sort of
intellectual and philosophical conversation group.
Victor Hugo resided nearly 16 years at the n°6 of “La Pace des
Vosges” where one can visit.
D'abord baptisée Place Royale, elle
prend le nom de Place des Vosges vers 1800 pour faire grâce au premier
département ayant acquitté ses impôts.
Victor Hugo résida près de 16 ans au n°6 de la place des Vosges
où l'on peut visiter.
The Museum of Modern Art ''
(Close to the apartment) http://www.cnac-gp.fr/Pompidou/Accueil.nsf/Document/HomePage?OpenDocument&L=2 The museum of modern artis an open arts center with its very discussed
architecture. It joined together in the same place, work of art, shop of
design, restaurant, library, rooms of spectacle and creation. A space of
discovery is devoted to the children.
about 5 mn walk)
It was built in 1624 by the architect Jacques Lemercier, the architect
of the Sorbonne. Louis
XIII, who will inherit the
property on June 1, 1636, will never take possession of the places. Anne of Austria, become
regent, will settle there with her children to flee the Louvre. Le Palais Royal will become thus royal.
Le Louvre (at
less than 10 mn walk)
Since that restoration in 1989, the Louvre
became one of the Muses the most visited in the world. To avoid the
interminable queues, to ask the entry ofthe Door of the Lions. You will be able to leave after
your visit by the Pyramid.A walk with the garden of Tuileries is essential, this garden precedes
Versailles, with its
rigorous, typical drawing of “” the Garden à la Française'.